The city of Anaheim is South East of Los Angeles and it is the site of Disneyland. Anaheim was founded by a Germain family in 1857 and incorporated as the second city in Los Angles County in March 18, 1876. Orange County later split off from Los Angeles County in 1889. It remained largely a rural community until 1955 when Disney opened in the city.
Places to visit while in Anaheim and its nearby cities includes:
- Disneyland: Disney California adventure, sleeping beauty castle, Knotts Berry Farm, Downtown Disney, Fantasmic, Medieval Times, Movie Land, Wax Museum and wild west dinner. Disneyland is the first of two theme parks built at the Disneyland resort in Anaheim. Built in 1955, and it is the only theme park built and directed by Walt Disney originally, it was the only attraction on the property. Its official name was changed to Disneyland park in the 1990s.
Disneyland California Adventure.
- California Adventure: is a theme park located in Anaheim, California. It is owned and operated by the WaltDisney Company through its parks. The park is themed after the history and culture of California.
- Downtown Disney: is an outdoor shopping center located at the Disney resort in Anaheim. It opened in 2001 a complement of the Disneyland resort expansion projects, along side the California Disney adventure theme park and Disney grand California.
- Knotts Berry Farm: is 57 acre theme park located in Buena Park next to Anaheim. It is the the most visited park in North America and it is the most visited theme park in the Cedar Fair Chain.
- Fantasmic: is a night time show at Disneyland park. It features fire works characters, live actors, water effects, pyrotechnic, lasers, music, audio animations, search lights, deforested boat floats and mist screens.
- Medieval Times: is an adventure unlike anything you have ever experienced before or will ever experience again. Driving each live performance goes of the castle enjoy an authentic medieval feast, while knights on horse back do battle until death. Brilliant customs, authentic in every detail, add to the splendor of your visit cheer your brave knights to victory as he competes in hand-to-hand combat. Come and cheer your knight to victory.
Movieland Wax Museum Charter & Rental
Opened since 1962 movie land proudly presents the worlds finest movie attractions of its kind with over 292 celebrity wax figures on display in 115 realistic crafted sets paying tribute to 70 year span of exciting movie and televisions making.
Each star portrayed in life-size with uncanny characteristics and likeness. Facial features, body and bone structure are redrafted precisely according to the measurements takes of each subject at the photo session. Skin tone and hair-implanted strand by strand and exact colored matched original customs and studio props and obtained whenever possible to ensure authenticity spewed lighting, sound effect, and imagination animation is used throughout its museum.
Visit movie land wax museum see the glamour of film making and reminisce those great moments in movie history.
Ripley Believe it or Not!
At Ripleys believe it or not museum at Buena Park in California, we have assembled a collection of real life phenomena and source of circus items that are obviously strange and yet mystifyingly true. The fiji mermaid take or, fish tail, you decide, Chinese shrunken head or, Wadlow the giant.
Wild Bills Wild West Dinner Extravaganza
Wild Bills takes you back to the late 1800 for an exciting look at traveling wild west show where you will discover how the west was born! You will be entertained with two fun filled hours of non-stop activities, music and comedy plus you will enjoy a terrific meal.
The show is set in a turn-of the century western salon where Miss Annie and the Wild Bill will sing and dance their way into your heart during the colorful musical numbers.
A troupe of native American in full customs perform traditional dances. A trick rope artist cracks her whip and shows why she has become world famous. These has been brought from all over the country just for your viewing enjoyment.
To top off an already perfect evening, you will be served a finger licking food four-course family style dinner which includes salad, soup, biscuits, chicken and ribs, backed potato, corn on the cob, apple pie a lemonade plus beer, wine and pepsi cola.